Holy Trinity Catholic schools in Lee County have received a total of $2,500 in grants from the Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Foundation Mini-Grants for Education program.
The following Holy Trinity science and technology projects were awarded $500 each:
• Experiences with living organisms (Early Childhood Center, Fort Madison)
• Safety materials for the science department (high school, Fort Madison)
• Document projector addition (junior/senior high, Fort Madison)
• Document projector addition (elementary, West Point)
• Junior-high science lab additions
The Mini-Grants for Education program is designed to support K-12 teachers and schools. Grants of up to $500 are awarded to support innovative projects that enrich learning in various academic areas.