Sister Mary Lantry, BVM, (Francis Regis) a former educator in the Diocese of Davenport, died Nov. 25 at Marian Hall in Dubuque. She was 91.
Born in Chicago, she entered the Sisters of Charity, BVM, congregation on Sept. 8, 1940, from St. Mary of the Lake Parish in Chicago. She professed her first vows on March 19, 1943, and final vows on Aug. 15, 1948.
In the Diocese of Davenport, Sr. Lantry taught at St. Mary High School in Clinton from 1962–64. Also in Iowa, she taught high school in Des Moines and Cedar Rapids, and at Clarke College in Dubuque. She taught for more than 30 years in St. Louis. In retirement, Sr. Lantry was a hospital volunteer in St. Louis.
Visitation and Sr. Lantry’s funeral were scheduled to be held Dec. 1 in Dubuque. Burial is in the Mount Carmel Cemetery in Dubuque.