Students at St. Mary Parish in Albia were asked three questions about receiving first Communion on May 1. Below is a glimpse of their insight.
1. What do you think about receiving your first Communion this Sunday?
• A lot nervous . . .a little excited about getting to take the bread. – Taylee Wolfer
• Happy, but a little scared. – Tristen Mihalovich
• I get closer to God. – Reilly Flaig
• I’m excited! This is probably the most important time in my life. – Jaden Hugen
• It is a special day about God and me. It gets me excited. – Ellie Henry
• It’s going to be an awesome experience. – McKenna Striegel
• OK, I’m happy to become part of the church. – Trey Griffin
2. What is one thing that you learned about your Catholic faith this year?
• I learned the Glory Be and the Hail Mary. – Isabella Wilson
• If you pray, God will listen. – Kade Dunkin
• That God is forgiving and we learned about the life of Jesus. – Liam Winfield
• That Jesus performed miracles. – Emma Heffron
• That we have more than one family. – Allison Major
3. What is one thing that you really like about being Catholic?
• That after my first communion, I get to receive communion every week. – Nathaniel Wynn
• That some day we will see God and Jesus. – Emily Cain
• That we can receive the body and blood of Christ. – Joseph Pistek
• That we get to go to this church. – Olivia Teno