IOWA CITY — The American Heart Association and University of Iowa Heart and Vascular Center will host a free health fair from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 15, at St. Patrick Church, 4330 St. Patrick Drive. The fair will feature:
• Free screenings: (Cholesterol, blood pressure, BMI and more) to detect your risks and early signs of heart disease
• Cardiologist’s Corner: Have your heart questions answered by a UI Heart and Vascular Center cardiologist.
• Vascular Booth: Learn how to have healthy, pain-free legs and how to treat and prevent PAD (Peripheral Arterial Disease).
• Cooking for Cardio: Demonstrations and tips from a UI Heart and Vascular Center dietitian.
• Everyday Exercise: Get tips for building more movement into your daily routine.
• Wow! New Advances for Your Heart Health: Meet the physicians who perform the latest heart treatments.
• CPR demonstrations and more.
Registration for the event is recommended but not required. Register online at uihealthcare.org/events or call (319) 356-2777.