Grads seek photos from former St. Mary School

Grades four and five at St. Mary Catholic School in Davenport are pictured in 1954. Photos are being sought of the former school and St. Mary Parish.

St. Mary’s School began in 1902 and was heralded as a modern school with excellent teachers, the Sister of Holy Cross. The school closed in 1966, but it is still contributing to the community as a center for many activities.
The Class of ‘58 would like to bring back the memories in the form of photographs, news articles and programs from 1902-66 for a pictorial to honor the bishops, pastors, priests, teachers and students.
The effort began as a way to recognize the eight years of the class of 1958, but it has grown to include the 64 years that St. Mary’s School provided Catholic education in the area.
Organizers ask St. Mary parishioners and alumni to share pictures that will be scanned so the owners will always be in possession of the pictures. Next year there will be two celebrations to remember the school’s past. One is for parishioners and the other is for the school’s alumni. The more pictures shared, the more joy for the parishioners and alumni as they come together to celebrate the past.
For more information or to share your pictures, contact Tana Odean at (563) 359-8910.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Facebooktwittermail
Posted on