By Sister Laura Goedken
An IRA charitable rollover is a very simple gift to make. If you are 70½ or older and own a traditional IRA, please consider making an IRA charitable rollover gift. You can make a gift of up to $100,000 from your IRA to charity every year. Your gift to a nonprofit organization, such as your parish, your Catholic school and the Catholic Foundation will:
• not be included in your taxable income.
• satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year.
• reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions.
• not be subject to the 50 percent limitation on charitable gifts.
• help the work of our organization.
If you have other retirement plans, such as a 401(k), consider rolling this over into an IRA so you can use it to make your charitable gifts.
Please contact Sister Laura Goedken at (563) 888-4252 or email@example.com or your IRA administrator for assistance in completing an IRA charitable rollover gift. Don’t miss the chance to make a charitable IRA gift this year!