DAVENPORT — St. Ambrose University will hold its spring commencement ceremony starting at 1 p.m. Saturday, May 14, at the i Wireless Center, 1201 River Drive, Moline, Ill. Seating is open with no tickets required. The public is invited to attend.
The commencement speaker will be Jim Collins, a 1969 St. Ambrose University alumnus and longtime leader in efforts to enhance and promote diversity.
The following commencement events will take place:
• Graduate program hooding ceremonies, May 13, 5 p.m.
The College of Business ceremony will be held in Christ the King Chapel on campus. A reception will follow in Cosgrove Dining Hall.
College of Arts and Sciences and College of Health and Human Services joint ceremony will be held in Galvin Fine Arts Center. A reception will follow in Rogalski Center.
• Nursing pinning ceremony will take place May 13 at 8 p.m. in Galvin Fine Arts Center.
• Commencement Mass will be celebrated May 14 at 9 a.m. in Christ the King Chapel. All graduates, families and friends are welcome, regardless of faith.
• A brunch for graduates, families and guests will be served from 10-11:30 a.m. in the Rogalski Center on May 14. Menu items include scrambled eggs, cheesy hash brown bake, French toast triangles, ham, pastries, fruit, coffee and assorted drinks. Cost is $9 for adults; $4 for children ages 6-12; free for children age 5 years and younger (but they must have a ticket). Tickets may be purchased online at www.sau.edu/commencement.
• Commencement ceremony is May 14 at 1 p.m. at the iWireless Center in Moline.
Students or guests needing special accommodations should contact the Services for Students with Disabilities office at (563) 333-6275.
For more information on commencement activities go to www.sau.edu/commencement.